The Shelton Historical Society operates the Shelton History Center, 70 Ripton Road, a half mile from the Huntington Green. The Center includes a collection of historical artifacts and documents from the city’s past (“Three Centuries of Shelton: From Farming to Industry and Beyond”), and three restored historic structures – the Brownson House (c. 1820), the Wilson barn (c. 1860) and the Trap Falls School (c. 1872), a one-room school house.